26 Misconceptions All Bi People Want To Set Straight
If this is a phase, it's the longest phase ever.
1. First thing's first: No, it's not "just a phase."
2. And being bi doesn't mean that we're just indecisive...
3. Or confused...
4. Or just "experimenting."
5. We're also not doing it ~for attention~.
6. And bi girls don't do it so guys will be more interested.
7. It's not a requirement that we gain experience with both guys and girls before we can officially decide we're bi.
8. It also doesn't mean that we have both a boyfriend and girlfriend at the same time.
9. And we're also not necessarily attracted to both genders in equal measure.
10. Bi people aren't more likely to cheat on our significant others just because we get "bored."
11. And being attracted to both sexes doesn't mean that we have a crush on every single person we meet.
12. Just because we've only dated members of the opposite sex — or are currently dating a member of the opposite sex — that doesn't make us straight.
13. Just like dating a member of the same sex doesn't make us gay.
14. And we're not just biding our time until we're ~ready~ to come out as gay.
15. That being said, coming out as bi doesn't make attraction to the opposite sex a new thing for us.
16. And, yes: We do still have to come out.
17. Because our lives aren't made easier just because we can "pass as straight."
18. Bisexuality definitely does not equal promiscuity.
19. And it's also not the same thing as polyamory.
20. Not all of us are into more ~kinky~ stuff.
21. And it is totally possible to be bisexual and an introvert.
22. We're also not just jumping on the trendy bisexual bandwagon.
23. We don't appreciate being asked "who's better in bed"...
24. Or which gender we actually prefer...
25. Or being told that we'll eventually "pick a side."
26. Because bisexuality is a very, very real thing. And it's kind of the best.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.