So you're in your twenties, just out of school, and all of a sudden realizing you are on your own.
One solution to those twentysomething blues? A CAT.
1. A cat will fill your empty apartment with a little bit of love and fluff and life.
3. And you'll have a regular cuddle buddy, even when your love life is looking pretty desolate.
4. In fact, cat hugs REALLY help with heartbreak. More than ice cream.
5. In your stupidly busy life, your cat will be a constant.
You might not know how you're going to pay rent, but you do know that waiting at home is a kitty ready to meow until you feed him.
6. Cats are independent enough to match your ever-changing twentysomething lifestyle.
7. And by adopting in your twenties, you're welcoming home a friend that will see you through all the ups, downs, and everything in between.
8. This is a great time to assert your own independence and have your first pet separate from your parents, or your first pet in general.
9. A cat holds you accountable, and helps shake that college irresponsibility.
10. And cat fur on everything will give you that extra nudge you need to actually do laundry and vacuum.
11. They're good indicators of whether or not you're ready for children.
12. In general, cats make for excellent excuses--something any twentysomething ALWAYS has in their back pocket.
"Oh SHOOT! I would love to go to your improv show, but I forgot to feed my cat."
13. Having a cat means more brilliant content for Instagram.
14. Plus, a cat is endless material for those awkward lulls in first date conversations.
And if that scares your date away, WHO NEEDS 'EM?