1 Edwards® Georgia Style Pecan Pie, frozen
1 Edwards® Pumpkin Crème Pie, frozen
2 boxes yellow cake mix, plus additions listed on the package for preparation
Nonstick cooking spray
Pumpkin Spiced Pecans (optional for garnish)
1½ cups pecan halves
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Whipped Cream (to frost)
2 cups heavy cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Spray two (10-inch) pie pans with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Prepare one box yellow cake mix according to package directions. Scoop about 1½ cups of the batter into one of the pie pans.
4. Invert the pecan pie into the pie pan. Cover with remaining cake batter.
5. Prepare the second box of cake batter according to package instruction. Repeat the process of adding 1½ cups of batter into the second prepared pie pan.
6. Invert the pumpkin creme pie into the pie pan on top of the batter and cover with remaining cake batter.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is no longer jiggling. Cool completely.
8. Whip the heavy cream in a mixing bowl until it forms soft peaks. Fold in sugar and whip to combine.
9. Spread a layer of whipped cream on the bottom cooled cake layer. Top with the second cake layer and frost with remaining whipped cream.
10. Toss the pecans with melted butter. Add the brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Toss to coat. Bake about 5-7 minutes, until lightly toasted. Cool completely.
11. Garnish the frosted cake with spiced pecans and pumpkin pie spice.