1. The First Doctor was distant and often criticized his companions’ “human brains.”
“I can’t decide whether you’re a rogue, a halfwit or both!”
2. His Astrakhan solidified his foreignness.
3. Although he wasn’t adverse to other headgear, including cowboy hats.
5. He sported the occasional perky plumage.
6. But like the flexible wool of his Astrakhan, he warmed up to his human friends…
“Oh yes, yes, yes, yes!”
7. …and found a way to leave the world a better place.
“I suggest we take a last look round and we’ll get you off to bed.”
8. The Second Doctor is often referred to as the “Cosmic Hobo.”
“Just one small question: Why do you want to blow up the world?”
9. He was a master of disguise.
“When I say run, run…RUN!”
10. The Second Doctor often adopted random hats on his adventures.
“Oh, my giddy aunt!”
Jamie: “What’s a passport?”
Doctor: “Some sort of official mambo jambo.”
“I would like a hat like that.”
13. But the stovepipe hat was his signature.
14. The tall, comic look often misled his enemies.
15. But it also had a domineering effect.
16. The Second Doctor was resourceful and cunning.
17. He often used his bumbling attitude to stay two steps ahead of his enemies.
18. He was an eccentric miscreant, but a lovable one.
19. The Third Doctor wore no hat.
20. Often serious and paternal, the Third Doctor did not waste his time with headwear.
21. The Fourth Doctor’s wide brimmed hat was commanding but familiar.
22. His love extended beyond him and he grew close with his companions
“Would you like a jelly baby? “
23. He didn’t discriminate and established a meaningful connection regardless of species.
“Shut up, K-9!”
24. He was eccentric and unpredictable.
25. The Fourth Doctor developed a stronger bond with the human race than any previous Doctor.
26. The Fifth Doctor wore a Panama hat and was the youngest Doctor so far.
“An apple a day keeps the… Ah, never mind.”
27. His panama hat had a strong foundation, but often wavered or bent completely.
“You know how it is; you put things off for a day and next thing you know, it’s a hundred years later.”
28. He was strong and morally heroic, but often took a backseat in plans.
“It’s times like this I wish I still had my scarf.”
29. The Fifth Doctor was compassionate and often let problems solve themselves.
“Sorry, must dash!”
30. The Sixth Doctor didn’t wear a hat and was dangerously sharp. A hat, like nearly everything else, was below him and he wasn’t afraid to say it.
Yeah, something witty like that
31. Although he was the most confident Doctor, he wasn’t popular with his hat-wearing former selves.
32. The Seventh Doctor wore a Panama-style hat with a paisley hatband.
Along with other questionable pieces of attire.
33. Like the Second Doctor, his hat’s appearance was at first glance silly and eccentric.
34. He knowingly “stumbled” into his solutions and often led his enemies to underestimate him.
35. He withheld information constantly, later revealing the manipulative gangster panama hat within.
36. The Eighth Doctor never wore hats.
37. Perhaps because he often suffered from fits of amnesia and forgot where he left it.
“Who am I? Who… Am… I?!”
“I know who I am, I… Am… The Doctor!”
38. Or perhaps because he had a tendency to break the rules.
Girl say WHAT?!
39. The Ninth Doctor also stayed away from hats, probably thinking them as a waste of time.
40. The Tenth Doctor only occasionally wore hats, but never looked comfortable in them…
41. …likely because it imprisoned his fabulous hair.
Rose Tyler: “There was a man in a suit. Tall, thin man. Great hair. Some…really great hair.”
42. The Eleventh Doctor saw a glorious return to hats.
Cowboy makes a comeback!
44. Though generally hatless, he often used them to hide in time.
45. The Eleventh Doctor was eccentric and outgoing, yet struggled with his destiny and took long breaks from companions and adventures.
46. He always seemed happiest when in a fez.
50. He was always lovable.
51. Always ready to lend a helping hand.
52. He rolled with the punches.
“Rory, take Hitler and put him in that cupboard over there. Now. Do it.”
53. And always managed to save the universe.
54. On Christmas day he took his last adventure.
55. And though we hated to see him go, we’re grateful for the time we had together.
- It's official: Democratic delegates picked Hillary Clinton as the first female presidential nominee of a major US party 🙋
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a church attack that killed a priest in northern France on Tuesday.
- 🍎📉: Apple's business is declining due to slowing iPhone sales, but the company is still making a ton of money.