A couple years ago, I was at Wallace Station, a divey little deli on a country road in Midway, Kentucky, which is locally famous for its amazing food. As my friends and I were eating, a couple came in. The woman was very glamorous, wearing all black and a pair of big sunglasses. She ordered at the counter, which was right next to our table. My friend got very quiet and once the couple moved on, whispered, “I think that’s Jessica Lange!” My other friend (her husband) and I didn’t believe her, because why would Academy Award (and Emmy, etc., etc.) winning actress Jessica Lange be at this little deli in Midway, Kentucky? After the woman filled her drink at the Coke machine, she turned around and walked past us on her way to a table by the front window. It was unmistakably her, and her lunch companion was, we then realized, Sam Shepard. (I found out later that Sam loves horses and has a house out there.) One woman stopped and talked to them on her way out and was saying how much she loved their work. They were kind to the woman, but it was also clear that Jessica would much prefer to be left alone. When we left the restaurant a few minutes later, we didn’t say anything, but the front door was RIGHT next to Jessica and Sam’s table. My friend was so excited/flustered/nervous that she seemed to forget how doorknobs work. Eventually I had to reach around her and turn the knob so that we could get out. My friend glanced over at Jessica (who was watching this whole ordeal with a slight grin on her face), muttered, “Sorry!” and we left.
This is why I have a firm relationship rule that we will not even try to binge-watch new things simultaneously… only things one of us have already seen. (I’ve been single for a long time… but this can’t be why, right?)
Response to All 47 Vice Presidents, Ranked By Hotness:
While I generally agree with this list, as presented, I feel like it makes some rather arbitrary decisions between the young and the old version of VPs. Have you seen a young John Calhoun? Real talk: despite his ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE politics, a portrait of him in my AP U.S. History textbook was one of the first things to make me really question my erstwhile presumed heterosexuality. (Spoiler alert: I’m hella gay.)
- Dvoraks8th "Justin Trudeau Had The Perfect Respon..."
- Dvoraks8th "We Need To Talk About How Classical M..."
- Dvoraks8th "41 Signs You Went To The University O..."
- Dvoraks8th "26 Pictures Guaranteed To Make You Mo..."
- Dvoraks8th "Sam Smith's Boyfriend Caught Him Sing..."
- Dvoraks8th "Kate Middleton Gives Instantly Iconic..."
- Dvoraks8th "Here's What The Cast Of "Firefly"..."
- Dvoraks8th ""Out Of The Woods On A Snowy Evening""
- Dvoraks8th "Which "Happy Endings" Chara..."
- Dvoraks8th "35 Questions Americans Need To Answer..."
- Dvoraks8th "How To Get Rid Of FIFA And Make The W..."
- Dvoraks8th "Tim Howard Is America's Lord And ..."
- Dvoraks8th "23 People Who Got Exactly What They H..."
- Dvoraks8th "Did You Know About The Incredibly Mov..."
- Dvoraks8th "This Is What The First 24 Hours Of Ma..."
- Dvoraks8th "The Stages Of Having A Drunken Night ..."
- Dvoraks8th "30 Things Only Antisocial People Unde..."
- Dvoraks8th "23 GIFs Of Otters That Will Make You ..."
- Dvoraks8th "For Everyone Developing An Unhealthy ..."
- Dvoraks8th "This Feminist Father Has The Best T-S..."