Unless you've been living in a "sietch" for the last year, you know that Dune is finally coming to theaters and streaming!
Don't know Dune? Oh, it's only about to be you and the country's next pop culture obsession NBD.
1. First of all, the cast will make you "trapped on a desert planet" thirsty.
2. We're talking a romantic story that pits Gen Z heartthrobs Timothée Chalamet and Zendaya together at last!
3. Plus a ton of guys and gals you might recognize from some of the most epic sci-fi, fantasy, and horror franchises of the last decade.
4. OK but why is it relevant? Well, it touches on themes that relate to the present day.
5. And, if you've seen the trailers, the visuals for this movie are as groundbreaking as a sandworm tearing through the dunes of Arrakis.
6. But like other prominent pop culture franchises, the reason you're going to be obsessed with Dune are the sure-to-be iconic moments, like when Paul puts his hand in the Gom Jabbar box of pain.
7. Or when he and Gurney fight with the Holtzman defensive shields.
8. How about TMW we see Baron Harkonnen (played by Stellan Skarsgård) first lift off in his antigravity suit?
9. Oh, did we mention that the film is directed by Denis Villeneuve, one of the most acclaimed sci-fi directors of recent years?
All images courtesy of Warner Brothers. Additional images courtesy of Warner Brothers