1. Naughty R&B singer The Weeknd released a new song, “Often,” on his site and Soundcloud page Tuesday.
Sonically, the song is a little more upbeat than the dark, ambient songs of his 2013 album Kiss Land, but the lyrics don’t stray too far from the singer’s specialty: drugs, women, and drugs with women.
2. With lyrics like” Often, often, girl I do this often / Make that pussy pop and do it how I want it,” the song is a swaggy-braggy track about getting girls to do what he wants, how he wants … often.
Kiss Land came out last September, so it’s possible The Weeknd could be teasing music from a new project. As with most things the 24-year-old singer (née Abel Tesfaye) does, “Often” was dropped without much commentary.
3. Listen to The Weekend, “Often”:
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- A jury failed to reach a verdict Friday in the case of Michael Slager, a former South Carolina officer charged in the fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The CEO of Zenefits plans to step down after 10 months on the job. A legal mess nearly sank the company this year.
- A UFC fighter is asking people to crush apples with their bare hands 🍎💪