2. Phase 2: OMG!!! Snow!!!
It looks so pretty outside. You are going to take like a thousand Instagrams of your dog/cat/kids/self frolicking in this fluffy white awesomeness and then go sledding, no, skiing, no, make snow angels, no, all of the above because SNOW IS HERE!
3. Phase 3: Christmas/The Holiday Season
The snow is still awesome as long as there’s some on the ground the morning of December 25th. In addition, there is gingerbread everything, eggnog, chocolate advent calendars, ugly sweater parties and Mariah Carey’s All I Want for Christmas is You.
5. Phase 5: Welcome to Planet Hoth
Winter just got real. The temperatures continue to slide and your need to wear increasingly warm clothing is at its maximum. The icy and snowy roads make you wish that you could travel by tauntaun, and, sometimes, it seems like those foul beasts would be more efficient too.
7. Phase 7: Travel lusting
You say to yourself, “I need to get out of this; I need to feel warm.” You start searching around for warm places to go… Florida, Jamaica, St. Lucia, Mexico, California, Hawai’i, Australia, Thailand… you’d consider North Korea if they had temperatures in the mid-seventies. Then you see how much it would cost. You buy a sunlamp instead.
13. Phase 13: Grocery stores start featuring Mexican foods
You go to your local food seller to buy some milk, bacon, root vegetables and frozen macaroni and cheese when you see all these specials on the constituent ingredients of tacos. You usually don’t fall for this kind of pandering, but tonight, it’s going to be taco night.
- Four people were arrested after Trump supporters and protesters clashed during a "Make America Great Again" rally in California.
- One person has been killed and at least 14 injured after a Cincinnati nightclub shooting early Sunday. Police are looking for one suspect.
- The deadly Westminster attack that left four people dead Wednesday began and ended within 82 seconds, police said Saturday.
- Heads up, Harry Potter fans. You can now get Butterbeer ice cream at your grocery store 🍦✨