In 1987, A Muppet Family Christmas first graced television screens. While copyright disputes have kept the special largely away from American eyes since, it remains a timeless Christmas classic.
However, A Muppet Family Christmas is not without its many egregious plot holes. Many questions are left unanswered in the 45 minute-long special, which was the only time the Muppet, Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock characters all got together.
There are a lot of questions left unanswered.
26. Is this the greatest exchange in television history?
Ernie: Oh, hi there, we’re Ernie and Bert.
Doc: Well, hi there yourself, I’m Doc.
Bert: Oh, did you know that Doc starts with the letter D?
Doc: Why, yes.
Ernie: Yes! Yes, starts with the letter Y.
Ernie: And true starts with the letter T.
Doc: What is this?
Bert: Where we come from this is small talk.
47. Is there a better song for The Count to sing lead on than I Saw Three Ships (Come Sailing In)?
The answer is, of course, no.
57. Is this the greatest television Christmas special?
All signs point to yes.
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines, prompting praise from pro-Trump unions.
- Mark Zuckerberg denied rumors that he might run for president, telling BuzzFeed News, "I'm focused on building our community at Facebook."
- Press Secretary Sean Spicer at today's White House briefing defended Trump's claim that millions of people voted illegally—but he cited a debunked study.
- And the 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture are "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," "Hidden Figures," "Hacksaw Ridge," "Manchester by the Sea," "Lion," "Fences," and "Hell or High Water" 🎥 🎬