In 1987, A Muppet Family Christmas first graced television screens. While copyright disputes have kept the special largely away from American eyes since, it remains a timeless Christmas classic.
However, A Muppet Family Christmas is not without its many egregious plot holes. Many questions are left unanswered in the 45 minute-long special, which was the only time the Muppet, Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock characters all got together.
There are a lot of questions left unanswered.
26. Is this the greatest exchange in television history?
Ernie: Oh, hi there, we’re Ernie and Bert.
Doc: Well, hi there yourself, I’m Doc.
Bert: Oh, did you know that Doc starts with the letter D?
Doc: Why, yes.
Ernie: Yes! Yes, starts with the letter Y.
Ernie: And true starts with the letter T.
Doc: What is this?
Bert: Where we come from this is small talk.
47. Is there a better song for The Count to sing lead on than I Saw Three Ships (Come Sailing In)?
The answer is, of course, no.
57. Is this the greatest television Christmas special?
All signs point to yes.
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- This girl totally trolled Donald Trump's son by getting a photo with him in a "Latina Against Trump" shirt — in Spanish 😬
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- Round of applause: This teen got a standing ovation for her high school presentation on white privilege.