1. They look kind of like flying penguins
They may not be closely related to penguins, but they can both fly and swim. This is a significant improvement.
2. Puffins feed almost entirely on fish
An adult puffin will eat as much as 40 fish per day. Take that Joey Chestnut!
3. Puffins live in colonies
With most birds, you only see one or two at a time, but not puffins!
6. They come in multiple species
This is a Tufted Puffin.
This is an Atlantic Puffin (also known as a Common Puffin)
7. Cute babies (obviously)
9. They know how to really strike a pose
10. They look great in black and white
11. Webbed feet!
All of the best birds have webbed feet.
12. They are really cute!
The Clowns of the Sea!
- Donald Trump signed a sweeping executive order that dismantles many Obama era climate change regulations.
- The Republican chair of the House probe into Russia and Trump should step down after secretly meeting with a source at the White House, say top Democrats.
- The Scottish parliament has voted for an independence referendum that could result in Scotland leaving the UK.
- Facebook will start globally rolling out three features today on iOS and Android that strongly resemble Snapchat. They're called Camera, Direct, and Stories.