1. The Pirates have won 5 World Series Championships
1909, 1925, 1960, 1971 and 1979
2. They recently broke a 20 losing season streak
It started in 1992, when Aladdin was the #1 movie at the box office.
If you want to look like a more legitimate fan, you should say that you were a fan back in the days of Doug Drabek, Andy Van Slyke and Bobby Bonilla (and Barry Bonds, if you want to go there).
3. Andrew McCutchen should be the National League MVP this year
When he gets up to bat or makes a diving catch in the outfield, you should chant “M-V-P, M-V-P”
8. You need to have a favorite Pierogi
A pierogi is a potato-filled noodle that originates in Poland and is a popular food item in Pittsburgh.
Each Pirates home game features a race between 4 anthropomorphized pierogies, they include Jalapeño Hannah (Green Hat), Sauerkraut Saul (Red Hat), Cheese Chester (Yellow Hat) and the highly intelligent Oliver Onion (Purple Hat).
- Sean Spicer said "his intention is never to lie" as White House press secretary, after making false claims this weekend about Trump's inauguration.
- President Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- The all-day breakfast boom at McDonald's is over as sales fall for the fast food giant 🍳 📉