1. The Pirates have won 5 World Series Championships
1909, 1925, 1960, 1971 and 1979
2. They recently broke a 20 losing season streak
It started in 1992, when Aladdin was the #1 movie at the box office.
If you want to look like a more legitimate fan, you should say that you were a fan back in the days of Doug Drabek, Andy Van Slyke and Bobby Bonilla (and Barry Bonds, if you want to go there).
3. Andrew McCutchen should be the National League MVP this year
When he gets up to bat or makes a diving catch in the outfield, you should chant “M-V-P, M-V-P”
8. You need to have a favorite Pierogi
A pierogi is a potato-filled noodle that originates in Poland and is a popular food item in Pittsburgh.
Each Pirates home game features a race between 4 anthropomorphized pierogies, they include Jalapeño Hannah (Green Hat), Sauerkraut Saul (Red Hat), Cheese Chester (Yellow Hat) and the highly intelligent Oliver Onion (Purple Hat).
- We made it: Trump and Clinton sparred over ISIS, race in the US, and his unreleased taxes during the first debate 📢
- Ted Cruz said Trump's list of potential Supreme Court nominees spurred his decision to endorse his former opponent.
- Parents of the suspected Washington mall gunman who killed five people said he "had mental issues."