1. “Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.”
2. “The only thing keeping a person decent, is the expectation of divine reward.”
3. “If the common good’s got to make up fairy tales then it’s not good for anybody.”
4. “There are causes worth dying for, but none worth killing for.”
5. “At the heart of all beauty lies something inhuman.”
6. “Transference of fear and self-loathing to an authoritarian vessel. It’s catharsis.”
7. “I’ve never really had much of an imagination. But still I would try to picture the exact moment when the beating of my heart would no longer be going on inside my head.”
8. “I think human consciousness, is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law.”
9. “Death created time to grow the things it would kill.”
10. “Should I kill myself, or have a cup of coffee?”*
11. “I don’t sleep. I just dream.”
12. “Sometimes at night I would sleep open-eyed underneath a sky dripping with stars. I was alive then.”
13. “Given how long it’s taken me to reconcile my nature, I can’t figure I’d forego it on your account.”
14. “Do not wait for the last judgment. It comes every day.”
15. “Certain linguistic anthropologists think that religion is a language virus that rewrites pathways in the brain. Dulls critical thinking.”
16. “The most loathsome materialism is not the kind people usually think of, but the sort that attempts to let dead ideas pass for living realities.”
17. “Cruel irony, the poor man tormented with hunger feeds those who plead his case.”
18. “Everybody wears their hunger and their haunt.”
19. “In eternity, where there is no time, nothing can grow. Nothing can become. Nothing changes.”
20. “The only serious question in life is whether to kill yourself or not.”
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Thousands of people hit the streets Saturday to participate in the People's Climate March, a protest against Trump's environmental policies.
- Today is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- Turkey's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia, in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- Will Ferrell showed up to a special taping of Samantha Bee's "Not The White House Correspondents Dinner" as George W. Bush.