The National Rifle Association absorbed some predictable jabs from liberal pundit Paul Krugman on ABC while their defiant leader Wayne LaPierre seemed dazed by the uppercut delivered by Chris Wallace on Fox News.
2. Paul Krugman takes on ABC panel after he calls the NRA, “an insane organization.”
“What strikes me is we’ve actually gotten a glimpse into the mindset, though, of the pro-gun people and we’ve seen certainly Wayne LaPierre and some of these others. It’s bizarre … They have this vision that we’re living in a Mad Max movie and that nothing can be done about it. That America cannot manage unless everybody’s prepared to shoot intruders, that the idea that we have police forces that provide public safety is somehow totally impractical, despite the fact that, you know, that is, in fact, the way we live.”
3. And Fox News’s Chris Wallace took issue LaPierre’s NRA ad featuring the First Daughters.
“You really think that the president’s children are the same kind of target as every school child in America?” That’s ridiculous and you know it, sir.”
- Donald Trump's campaign chief Stephen Bannon said "he doesn't like Jews," according to his ex-wife.
- Facebook shifts to algorithms to decide which stories to highlight in its trending news section after allegations of liberal bias at the company.
- Far-right protesters climbed Berlin's famous Brandenburg Gate to protest against refugees. About 1.1 million asylum-seekers arrived in Germany last year.