2. Romney’s hunt for a running mate was named “Project Goldfish” and the candidates had fishy nicknames like “Pufferfish” (Christie), “Lakefish” (Tim Pawlenty), “Fishconsin” (Paul Ryan), “Pescado” (Marco Rubio), and “Filet-O-Fish” (Rob Portman).
4. While reviewing his expanded program of lethal drone strikes, Obama told advisers, “Turns out I’m really good at killing people. Didn’t know that was going to be a strong suit of mine.”
6. Bill Clinton on Mitt Romney: “He really shouldn’t be speaking to people in public.”
7. Andrew Sullivan’s blog post titled ‘Did Barack Obama just throw the entire election away?’ got Obama to crack, “Someone’s gotta talk him off the ledge!”
8. “[Jon] Favreau stagily read aloud some of Obama’s most dreadful answers. Soon his colleagues joined in, with Axelrod, Benenson, and Plouffe offering recitations and laughing deliriously over the absurdity and horror of the circumstances.”
- At least 10 people, including the gunman, are dead after a shooting at a mall in Munich, Germany.
- Hillary Clinton has picked Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine as her running mate. He was considered a favorite for the ticket.
- Employees at a textile factory that made Trump shirts report dangerous, abusive conditions — harsh even for Honduras.