2. Romney’s hunt for a running mate was named “Project Goldfish” and the candidates had fishy nicknames like “Pufferfish” (Christie), “Lakefish” (Tim Pawlenty), “Fishconsin” (Paul Ryan), “Pescado” (Marco Rubio), and “Filet-O-Fish” (Rob Portman).
4. While reviewing his expanded program of lethal drone strikes, Obama told advisers, “Turns out I’m really good at killing people. Didn’t know that was going to be a strong suit of mine.”
6. Bill Clinton on Mitt Romney: “He really shouldn’t be speaking to people in public.”
7. Andrew Sullivan’s blog post titled ‘Did Barack Obama just throw the entire election away?’ got Obama to crack, “Someone’s gotta talk him off the ledge!”
8. “[Jon] Favreau stagily read aloud some of Obama’s most dreadful answers. Soon his colleagues joined in, with Axelrod, Benenson, and Plouffe offering recitations and laughing deliriously over the absurdity and horror of the circumstances.”
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump attacked his critics while giving a speech at CIA headquarters.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.