1. Growing up you were always the female character at playtime.
2. You've got a handful of ridiculous nicknames that won't go away.
3. If they’re into girls, your friends ask you to decode messages for them.
4. You've developed a thick skin because you’re used to being teased.
5. People assume you’ve slept with all of your buds.
6. Every person you date is relentlessly scrutinized by your crew.
7. You've made sure that your friends don't even think about disrespecting women.
8. When you hang with your boys, you don't worry much about what you eat.
9. Dirty jokes don't even faze you.
10. People assume you love sports.
11. If you do, you're just as good as your boys.
12. You're usually the voice of reason.
13. Your friends freak out when you dress up even a little.
14. Other women are sometimes cautious around you because you don’t seem like a “girl’s girl.”
15. But then they buddy up to you when they want to mack on your friends.
16. You've played the pretend girlfriend more than once.
17. You're the scapegoat when schemes go awry.
18. Nobody steps to you because your boys are like your bouncers.
19. That aside, they still encourage you to stick up for yourself.
And no matter what, you know your boys will always be there for you.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!