1. Snake Wine - Slithering Your Way From East Asia
Danger is the only thing that makes alcohol better. Chinese medicine knew that, and for that reason started pickling cobras in liquor. After all, if you want to have a full head of hair or be really good in bed, drink booze with cobras in it. Makes sense to me.
3. Kopi Luwak - Civet Cat Coffee Beans
The most expensive coffee beans in the world - coming straight to you from the forest floor! Kopi Luwak, a type of bean from the Philippines, has been digested (fully) by Civet Cats before the coffee even reaches your kitchen. Scooper not included.
4. Drunken Shrimp - Because There’s Nothing Quite Like Torturing Animals
That’s not water the shrimp are swimming in, but instead the Chinese hard alcohol baijiu. The shrimp unintentionally live a frat bros ultimate dream of drinking themselves to death at a banquet table.
7. Stinky Tofu - For When China Can’t Get Any Stranger
Everyone knows tofu as the tasteless block of slightly fermented bean curd. Stinky tofu super saiyans that up by fermenting tofu further in a brine made of milk, veggies and meat until it reaches just the right level of stench.
- President Obama commuted the federal sentences of 111 prisoners, the most granted by a US president in a single month.