1. Snake Wine - Slithering Your Way From East Asia
Danger is the only thing that makes alcohol better. Chinese medicine knew that, and for that reason started pickling cobras in liquor. After all, if you want to have a full head of hair or be really good in bed, drink booze with cobras in it. Makes sense to me.
3. Kopi Luwak - Civet Cat Coffee Beans
The most expensive coffee beans in the world - coming straight to you from the forest floor! Kopi Luwak, a type of bean from the Philippines, has been digested (fully) by Civet Cats before the coffee even reaches your kitchen. Scooper not included.
4. Drunken Shrimp - Because There’s Nothing Quite Like Torturing Animals
That’s not water the shrimp are swimming in, but instead the Chinese hard alcohol baijiu. The shrimp unintentionally live a frat bros ultimate dream of drinking themselves to death at a banquet table.
7. Stinky Tofu - For When China Can’t Get Any Stranger
Everyone knows tofu as the tasteless block of slightly fermented bean curd. Stinky tofu super saiyans that up by fermenting tofu further in a brine made of milk, veggies and meat until it reaches just the right level of stench.
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Donald Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure first-time marchers stick around ✊
- A mass grave in Mexico contained the remains of 56 people, many of whom went missing in 2010, authorities said Sunday.
- The New England Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again. They'll play the Atlanta Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈