Over the last couple of days, it has become obvious that the end times are near. Zombies are in Florida, among other places, and have come to bring civilization to its knees. But we of the Internet aren’t worried, some might even call us cocky or a little sociopathic in wishing zombie apocalypse on an unsuspecting populace. But that’s because we know we’re savvy. We’ll survive because we’ve seen the movies, studied the television shows and read the books. Pop culture has prepared us. Except it hasn’t.
Pop culture lied to us. All of us. It prepared us for a world where a zombie apocalypse has already happened. Not one in which it is CURRENTLY HAPPENING. Most protagonists in our favorite undead entertainment wake up from comas or skip over the essential time when the virus/demons/corpses are spreading but not yet omnipresent. When most people are scared but not yet zombified and/or hardened survivors. Leaving us with some critical questions unanswered.
- When do you stop trusting the federal government?
The state government?
The local cops?
- How long until your neighbors turn on you or you turn on them?
- When does it go from “looting” to “survival”?
- How do you gather survival gear without tipping off other people to raid your house?
- Once the stores are emptied, when do you starting breaking into homes/offices?
- How long until the electricity goes off? The water filtration systems? The Internet?
- Will the roads ACTUALLY be clogged or will most people try to shore up their homes?
- What do you tell your kids?
- How many people do you gather before the group becomes too unwieldy to manage?
- How many people do you send in a raiding party?
- How many people do you leave to guard your HQ?
- Can you skin an animal?
- How much extra welded spikes can your car/truck handle?
Do you know how to weld?
- What’s the probability that you’ll end up killing another human long before you kill a zombie?
And that’s just a jumping off point. Feel free to leave other logistical or moral quandaries in the comments!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- An off-duty Los Angeles police officer was caught on cellphone video firing at least one shot during a confrontation with several teens.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- A couple recently celebrated their engagement with a "La La Land" inspired photo shoot, and it's pretty cute 💍📷