1. 1976 - Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak start Apple Computer and release their first product: Apple I
2. 1977 - The Apple II is released.
3. 1983 - Apple releases the “Lisa” desktop designed with businesses in mind. It’s interface is still used to this day.
4. 1984 - The Macintosh hits the market and becomes the first computer targeted for personal use.
5. 1985 - Steve Jobs leaves Apple after an internal power struggle.
6. 1986 - Jobs founds NeXt Computers, a UNIX based system, in the hopes of putting Apple out of business.
7. 1986 - Steve Jobs purchases Pixar from George Lucas for $5 million.
8. 1996 - Apple buys out NeXt for $429 million and 1.5 million shares of Apple stock. NeXt OPENSTEP software is incorporated into the Mac OS.
9. 1997 - Steve Jobs becomes the CEO of Apple after the company hemorrhages over $1.8 billion.
10. 1998 - The colorful iMac desktop is launched.
11. 2001 - Generation One iPods go on sale.
12. 2003 - The iTunes store opens, adding movies, podcasts, TV shows and other media to Apple’s empire.
13. 2006 - Steve Jobs sells Pixar to Disney for $7.4 billion.
14. 2007 - After months of speculation, the iPhone is officially announced.
15. 2008 - The App Store is released as a complement to iTunes.
16. 2010 - Apple launches the iPad and has an 84% market share on tablets by the end of the fiscal year.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Anti-Trump protesters and police clash in Washington, DC, during the inauguration. Cars and storefronts have been vandalized, many arrests have been made.
- US officials didn't know drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán was being extradited from Mexico to the United States until the day it happened.
- And as many as eight survivors have been found after a deadly avalanche buried a hotel in Italy.