1. “Blue Skies” - 1995
The first self-portrait Utermohlen drew after being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.
2. “Red” - 1996
Utermohlen seems to mourn his sense of self, a shadow of his former life.
3. “Yellow and Green” - 1998
Two years later, Utermohlen draws his world as shrinking. He peers out as if trapped behind prison bars.
4. “Erased Self-Portrait” - 1999
With limited motor control it becomes difficult for Utermohlen to paint.
- Donald Trump says he's making a last-minute trip to Mexico today before his speech on immigration policy.
- Here's how bankers are using a powerful, little-known justice system to turn a huge profit: part three of a BuzzFeed News investigation.
- Brazil's senate has voted to remove Dilma Rousseff as president over a months-long corruption scandal.
- Researchers have found the first identical twins puppies ever confirmed in the dog species 🐶 🐶