1. “Blue Skies” - 1995
The first self-portrait Utermohlen drew after being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.
2. “Red” - 1996
Utermohlen seems to mourn his sense of self, a shadow of his former life.
3. “Yellow and Green” - 1998
Two years later, Utermohlen draws his world as shrinking. He peers out as if trapped behind prison bars.
4. “Erased Self-Portrait” - 1999
With limited motor control it becomes difficult for Utermohlen to paint.
- Indiana votes on Tuesday, and it could be Ted Cruz's last big chance to end Trump's winning streak in the U.S. presidential race 🇺🇸
- A judge in Brazil has ordered WhatsApp blocked for 72 hours over the messaging service's recently encrypted data ❌📲
- Ahoy, Havana: A U.S. cruise ship docked in Cuba on Monday for the first time in nearly 40 years 🚢