1. On July 13th, Cartoon Network debuted a new style for Wonder Woman.
DC Nation Shorts are a series of animations strung together to create at thirty minute show. Similar to the Cartoon Cartoon! shorts of the 90s — which spawned shows like The Powerpuff Girls and Dexter’s Laboratory — the shorts give animators more room to experiment.
2. With a decidedly 70s vibe, Diana Prince is one hip cat.
4. Which is no surprise to fans of another DC short, Super Best Friends Forever.
Starring Bat Girl, Donna Troy (Wonder Girl), and Supergirl in wacky adventures, Wonder Woman’s little sister paved the way for Amazons of Latin origin.
5. In their cartoon, Wonder Girl’s background is hinted at when the girls bribe her to go to Latin America.
Though fans seem split as to whether her accent is Greek or Brazilian. Whether these are one-off coincidences or DC is taking baby steps to diversifying their homogeneous Justice League remains to be seen. In the meantime, just bask in the badassery that are these ladies.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Uber's CEO met with more than 100 female engineers on Thursday to discuss sexism and harassment allegations at the company.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝