1. Every now and then a group of artists band to together to weld eclectic rafts in a project known as the Swimming Cities of Serenissima.
2. With a post-apocalyptic steampunk feel, the adventurers live and work their way down the river.
3. Some expeditions even aimed to teach locals skills like silk-screening or costume creation.
4. The floating community has traveled down the mighty Mississippi.
5. Where they slept under the stars by night.
6. And relaxed in the sway of the current by day.
7. Once they went out into the open sea for a pirate adventure.
8. Hoist the main sail!
9. The seas aren’t going to swim themselves.
10. The troupe has even made it to Venice.
11. Where they performed musical composition for the locals.
12. And enjoyed the breath-taking scenery.
13. Each cross-country trek is a unique life-changing experience!
- The White House continued to defend rolling back Obama-era transgender protections, with Sean Spicer repeatedly insisting it's a "states' rights issue."
- Recreational marijuana needs "greater enforcement" of federal law, said Spicer, pitting the White House against eight states that legalized recreational use.
- Beyoncé has pulled out of performing at the Coachella festival, citing doctors' advice about keeping a less rigorous schedule while she's pregnant 🐝😭
- Indiana police released chilling audio in the case two teens found dead in the woods — a voice captured on one of their phones saying "down the hill."