2. THIS is the nearby Newton Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Reports are unconfirmed by officials, but it appears the plant is contaminating the surrounding neighborhoods.
Update: After Buzzfeed picked this story up from Woolsacks, they removed their location from the photograph. Reaching out to Greenpointers showed no one else in the area is reporting similar issues.
Resident one block from the plant confirms their water is clear.
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Donald Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure first-time marchers stick around ✊
- A mass grave in Mexico contained the remains of 56 people, many of whom went missing in 2010, authorities said Sunday.
- The New England Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again. They'll play the Atlanta Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈