1. Podgaric, Croatia
Monument to the Revolution - Created by sculptor Dusan Dzamonja in 1967 in remembrance of those that died in WWII.
2. Mekin Kamen, Macedonia
A war memorial by Dimo Todorovski dedicated to the uprising of Macedonia against the Ottoman aggressors in 1903.
3. Kolaain, Montenegro
Monument built by Vojin Baki to honor the soldiers that gave their lives during WWII.
4. Kadinjaa, Serbia
Built in memory of the Workers Battalion Resistance that fought and died on this field during the Battle of Kadinjaa in 1941.
5. Sanski Most, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Susanjar Memorial Complex was created in remembrance of the thousands killed by Germans during the Orthodox festival of Ilindan in 1941.
6. Kozara, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Built to celebrate the almost mythical Battle of Kozara. In 1942, the Partisan resistance fought and won against the Germans despite being severely outnumbered and outgunned.
7. Petrova Gora, Croatia
Monument dedicated to the men and women that set up a central military hospital for the resistance here. It consisted of a system of underground chambers and log cabins scattered throughout the mountain range. The hospital was never discovered by any of the armed forces of the Axis powers and remained in operation until May 1945.
8. Kosmaj, Serbia
This monument is dedicated to the soldiers of the “Kosmaj Partisan detachment” from World War II.
9. Nis, Serbia
Built to commemorate the over 12,000 residents killed by German forces during WWII. Three fists of different sizes depict men’s, women’s and children’s hands reaching skyward to defy the enemy.
10. Mitrovica, Kosovo
Worker’s monument affectionately referred to as “The Grill”.
11. Tjentiste, Bosnia And Herzegovina
Memorial honoring Battle of the Sutjeska, which took place in 1943. During the battle, German troops surrounded and killed three brigades and 2000 injured members of the resistance at a local hospital.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Criticized previously for not forcefully speaking out, Donald Trump condemned anti-Semitism after bomb threats were reported at 11 Jewish centers.
- Milo Yiannopoulos has resigned from Breitbart News after he was accused of defending pedophilia in an old video.
- President Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- West Elm pulled the Peggy Couch from its site after years of scathing customer reviews and complaints of buttons popping off 🙈
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at
Sadly, an error occured while sending your feedback. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.