“The type of alien movie we seized on was—I guess because of when I grew up—the moment just before CGI hit. There was, I think,a golden age of that kind of movie, because you were dealing with animatronics, you were dealing with the Stan Winston/Bottin era of The Thing, Alien and even Aliens, and we really looked and examined closely what was done right before you could do everything with a computer. … ”
- Jon Favreau
1. Alien - 1979
2. The Thing - 1982
3. Critters - 1986
4. Predator - 1987
5. Killer Klowns From Outer Space - 1988
6. Metamorphosis: Alien Factor - 1990
7. Fire In The Sky - 1993
8. Species - 1995
9. Independence Day - 1996
10. Virus - 1999
11. Star War/Star Trek - Various
Too many to list and not all of them frightening
on purpose, these franchises still left an indelible mark on the sci-fi community.
12. E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial - 1982
Only scary to those under age six, E.T. was still a marvel of modern technology for his time.
13. Tremors - 1990
Although never declared aliens officially, what the hell else could they be?
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎