1. Access your computer anywhere with remote desktop software.
Apple's Back to My Mac is a good place to start. If you're not a Mac user, there are a ton of other options out there for you, like VPN.
2. Create a log-in sound to wake up in style.
3. Turn on the undo feature in Gmail to stop yourself from sending too soon!
4. Use If This Then That to create automations that work for you!
6. Make your mouse work for you.
7. Write a script to cause your laptop to snap a photo every time it's opened as a theft-preventive measure.
You can then have those photos uploaded to a cloud service so you can access them remotely and see who's been using your compy.
8. Employ services like Self-Control or Anti-Social to block social media and other distracting sites while you're trying to get work done.
9. Optimize your home Wi-Fi network to get faster upload and download speeds.
10. Schedule Do Not Disturb to activate at night so you aren't awoken by any #drunktexts from your friends.
11. Use apps like Geo Alert that will allow you to set location-based reminders.
If you're not using an Android device, you can also use Apple's Reminders app on the iPhone.