14 Bleak Economic Facts That Will Enrage Every 20-Something
The horror, the horror.
1. First of all, you graduated during the worst recession in a century.
It will end, eventually. But, on average, graduating in a recession reduces your pay for around a decade. Finished university in 2006? Your younger peers hate you.
2. You're less likely to have a job.
3. If you do have a job, it will probably be as a waiter.
4. You won’t be well paid.
5. Prices go up faster for you than for your parents.
6. That's mostly because tuition fees are going up faster.
The inflation rate is higher for young people largely because the cost of university keeps going up. At this rate, it'll be £27,000 per year by 2017.
7. But your rent seems to go up quite a lot every year too.
8. And you will never be able to afford to buy a house.
9. Old people: they own all of the homes.
Good luck prying them out of their enormous mansions.