1. From need-to-know to need-to-talk.
2. From the bond of soldiers to the bond of family and friends.
3. From being serious to social.
4. From serving to recovering.
5. From a mission to no clear orders.
6. From earning benefits to learning how best to use them.
7. From emotional control to open feelings.
8. From guilt to acceptance and peace.
9. From a regimented schedule to lighter commitments.
10. From controlling to sharing.
11. From alert to relative calm.
DAV provides a lifetime of support for veterans of all generations. Every year, we help more than 1 million veterans in positive ways by helping them access benefits they earned, like health care and disability, and connecting them to meaningful employment opportunities.