I joined Toastmasters International 3 years ago. I am now President of my club and remarkably at ease giving all manner of speeches in front of a group of people. Tips that help me most: Detailed visualization (if you know the room) or getting there early to stand at the podium. Clench all the muscles in your body and then relax them before you get up to speak. This releases tension. PRACTICING. Run through your speech as quickly as possible and at normal speed. Watch yourself in the mirror or video yourself and play it back. Breathe!
It can take up to 2 months to even know if a medication will work for you. After a few years your best medications might lose their efficiency and you will have to try others. After your body has adjusted you can restart the original medications. Over everything else, I wish people knew that the struggle to find the right medication is worth it. Medication combined with other types of treatment and therapy have saved my life. It isn’t a crutch, it is a lifeboat to keep you from drowning til you get to shore.
My favorite teddy bear was named Freddy. He had a plaid vest on. At some point I got a teddy bear with a plaid beret and skirt, so she became Freddy’s girlfriend. She was “lost” later. My parents donated her but convinced me she had fallen off the moving van.
Freddy is in my Hope Chest.
Response to What Movie Helped You During Your Depression?:
Legally Blonde and Pride and Prejudice (Kiera Knightly version). It’seems been 7 years and I can still recite every line.
- dinglehopper "23 Perfectly Quaint Wes Anderson Prod..."
- dinglehopper "21 Extremely Useful Curling Iron Tric..."
- dinglehopper "31 Times Tumblr Had Serious Questions..."
- dinglehopper "13 Reasons The Bun Pin Is Your New Fa..."
- dinglehopper "Everyone Is Losing Their Minds Over T..."
- dinglehopper "A Teen Who Re-Creates Celebrity Photo..."
- dinglehopper "23 Pinup Girls Who've Put A Modern Tw..."