1. Mike Hadreas is Queer Pop’s current “L’enfant terrible.” His work as Perfume Genius has always been described as “wounded” or “fragile” but these days, he’s sounding and looking much more…fierce!
12. Actually, the song is not that surreal. It’s about gay panic. Read Mike Hadreas’ statement on it, as you watch the “Queen” video in full.
“I’ve seen faces of blank terror when I walk by. Sometimes from seemingly strong, macho dudes – somehow my presence confuses and ultimately scares them. There is a strange power to it that I’ve only recently begun to understand and embrace. After many years trying to sort out exactly what they are scared of, most of the time converting the result into personal shame, there are now moments of monstrous pride”.
- The largest LGBT business association in the US voted to endorse a presidential candidate for the first time in its history, choosing Clinton.
- Federal health officials have called for nationwide testing of all blood donations for the Zika virus.
- The judge under fire for his sentencing of former Stanford Swimmer Brock Turner also went easy on another student athlete.