1. Mike Hadreas is Queer Pop’s current “L’enfant terrible.” His work as Perfume Genius has always been described as “wounded” or “fragile” but these days, he’s sounding and looking much more…fierce!
12. Actually, the song is not that surreal. It’s about gay panic. Read Mike Hadreas’ statement on it, as you watch the “Queen” video in full.
“I’ve seen faces of blank terror when I walk by. Sometimes from seemingly strong, macho dudes – somehow my presence confuses and ultimately scares them. There is a strange power to it that I’ve only recently begun to understand and embrace. After many years trying to sort out exactly what they are scared of, most of the time converting the result into personal shame, there are now moments of monstrous pride”.
- Donald Trump criticized NATO, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, and the European Union in an interview published Sunday.
- BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.
- Eight billionaires — all men — together own as much wealth as the world's poorest 3.7 billion people, a new report has revealed.
- There's a new HBO show called "The Young Pope" and the internet is having fun with it.