1. Mike Hadreas is Queer Pop’s current “L’enfant terrible.” His work as Perfume Genius has always been described as “wounded” or “fragile” but these days, he’s sounding and looking much more…fierce!
12. Actually, the song is not that surreal. It’s about gay panic. Read Mike Hadreas’ statement on it, as you watch the “Queen” video in full.
“I’ve seen faces of blank terror when I walk by. Sometimes from seemingly strong, macho dudes – somehow my presence confuses and ultimately scares them. There is a strange power to it that I’ve only recently begun to understand and embrace. After many years trying to sort out exactly what they are scared of, most of the time converting the result into personal shame, there are now moments of monstrous pride”.
- The 6-year-old boy who was shot Wednesday while on the playground at his elementary school in South Carolina has died.
- Trump's home and golf club near Washington, DC have security cameras inside and out, monitored from New York, insiders say.
- Seven bee species have officially been listed as endangered in the US. Losing them could have a devastating effect on the ecosystem.