1. Birds at sunrise.
Alia Coldwell: Most days I am awoken by—or to—wildlife. The enthusiasm that birds show towards sunrise is amazing. My house is surrounded by trees which are filled with birds (many tuis). I often sleep with a window open. If I sleep in, the dog wakes me with a nose lick.
6. Raw nature.
Elizabeth Leclair: A smile from one or both of my grandchildren. The feeling you get when the wind catches your sails, and the motor gets turned off. The sheer awe of nature in its most raw forms.
8. Smiles from loved ones who are happy to see you.
Carl Grant: The smile of a loved one you haven’t seen for awhile. Starting a book and knowing it’s going to be great. Waking after a good nights sleep to a beautiful day. My cat’s welcome when I return from a trip. I could go on.
12. A cold beer on a hot day.
Deborah Shortt: Walking past a bush and seeing a budding rose. Driving along and an old song comes on the radio. A cold beer on a hot day. Watching a sunrise with your lover. The best is often found in the smallest things.
15. Fresh air and silence.
Shruti Nayak: To be able to experience this. All that you need to do is sit quietly and let the clouds pass through you. The fresh air, the silence and the beauty of nature leaves you in awe! Travelling to good places - One of the best things in life.
- President Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill but it took only two days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- The Trump administration is silent hours after Russia arrested hundreds of people protesting corruption under Putin.
- United Airlines stopped 3 girls from flying because they were wearing leggings, and said the rule only applies to travelers on "company benefit travel."
- 'Orange Is The New Black' actor Samira Wiley and writer Lauren Morelli are officially married and tied the knot in Palm Springs 🌴