2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
Salt, to taste
1 large egg
⅓ cup green onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Place the broccoli florets in a food processor and pulse until fully broken down.
3. Transfer the broccoli to a bowl and sprinkle over a large pinch of the salt. Mix the broccoli to incorporate the salt and let sit for 20 minutes to draw out moisture.
4. Transfer the soaking broccoli to another bowl lined with a large towel. Wrap the towel closed and squeeze so that all of the excess liquid is drained.
5. Transfer the broccoli back into the first bowl used and mix with the egg, garlic, cheddar cheese, green onion, black pepper, and another pinch of salt.
6. Divide the broccoli mixture into 6 even portions, and form into hashbrown shapes on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the hash browns are soft and just browning around the edges.
8. Let the hash browns cool for about 15 minutes until they have set.
9. Serve with desired dipping sauce.