1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
½ white onion, chopped roughly
Olive oil, to taste
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Nutmeg, to taste
1 cup vegetable broth
1 cup almond milk
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 head broccoli, steamed
8 ounces whole wheat pasta, cooked
Grated Parmesan, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Add butternut squash and onion to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and season with olive oil, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
3. Roast for 25-30 minutes, or until tender.
4. Add roasted squash and onion to a food processor or blender. Add vegetable broth, almond milk, and blend until smooth.
5. In a large sauce pot over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and sage. Cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add squash puree and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
6. Add cooked pasta and steamed broccoli and stir to combine.
7. Top with Parmesan, and enjoy!