2. Spaghetti with White Beans, Asparagus and Kale Pesto
Recipe by Deena Shanker
1 lb. spaghetti
For the pesto
4-5 cloves of garlic
1 lemon zested and juiced
1 bunch of kale, stems removed
½ cup olive oil
⅔ cup Parmesan
freshly ground pepper
For the assembly
1 Tbsp olive oil
½ pound of asparagus, ends removed and cut into 2” pieces
1 can of white beans, rinsed
Prep all of your ingredients. Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot and add the spaghetti. As the pasta cooks, put the kale, garlic, lemon zest and juice, Parmesan, and a third of the oil in a food processor and blend. Add the rest of the oil bit by bit until the pesto is fully blended and smooth.
Drain the pasta once it’s al dente, reserving a little pasta water. In the same pot, heat the 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the asparagus and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the white beans and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the beans are warmed through. Add the spaghetti and toss with the pesto and some reserved pasta water if necessary to loosen the sauce. (There should be some pesto leftover that you can store in the fridge and enjoy with carrots tomorrow.) Serve with shaved Parmesan.
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Years Day has been captured, Turkish media reports.
- Women are arguing about whether people who are anti-abortion rights should participate in the upcoming Women's March.
- Umm. Over half of the population across 22 countries believe their system is failing and rigged, a new poll says 🌎🤔
- People are melting after a girl shared photos of her pitbull on Twitter in order to speak out against laws banning the animal 🐶😭