1. 98% of the time you've had to repeat your name during introductions. "No, my name is not Decland. Or Douglas. Or Darren. Or Jack. Or Jacqueline."
2. Then there's the vexed issue of people shortening your name. "Can I call you Decco? Deccy?"
3. Sometimes you get the nickname "Dexter".
4. Your mind was blown when you first learned that Elvis Costello's real name is Declan.
5. You don't come across many people with the name, so it's especially strange when you discover different ways of spelling it - like Cyndi Lauper's son, Declyn.
6. When you meet another Declan in reality, it's like:
HEY THAT GUY HAS MY NAME.