1. Colin Farrell's beautiful letter in support of same-sex marriage, inspired by his gay brother Eamon.
2. When this picture of pale, ginger Irishman Martin 'Murt' Kehoe talking to locals in Sierra Leone gave the internet a good laugh.
3. When the Irish accent was voted the sexiest in the British isles.
4. Drag Queen Miss Panti Bliss' amazing "Noble Call" speech about homophobia.
5. The hilarious TV comedy Moone Boy continued to take over the world.
7. When this priest surprised an Irish wedding congregation with an amazing rendition of “Hallelujah”.
8. The campaign to save "gay bull" Benjy from the slaughterhouse.
In the end, Sam Simon, the terminally ill co-creator of The Simpsons, contributed £5,000 to help to house Benjy at an animal sanctuary.