BuzzFeed Brazil asked readers on Facebook to share the most terrifying ghost/scary stories that have happened to them in real life. Here are their stories:
Some stories have been edited for length and clarity.
1. "The mysterious face I'd seen stayed in the same place for a little while, and then disappeared."
2. "Suddenly, he went white as a sheet and started to cry, saying that there was a scary boy with a messed-up face on the roof calling out to him."
3. "One night, she opened her eyes and looked at the edge of the bed and saw that the mattress was dipped downward."
4. "A little while later, he turned to me and said, 'Wow, I am feeling a really bad energy behind you. Someone who has a name that starts with an 'I.'"
5. "For now, I'm just putting up with my supernatural roommate, particularly since they've never done anything to cause me harm."
6. "He said he thought that moaning was coming from me."
7. "I don't know where I found the courage to say 'Get out of here!'"
8. "My little cousin said that he had waved goodbye and flew up towards the ceiling."
9. "Both my sister and I have seen the mirror swinging randomly."
10. "Whenever it is exactly 6 p.m., the doorbell rings."
11. "She extended her hand toward me, and when I reached out, she started burning."
12. "The day after, I wake up covered in bruises."
13. "He said that whoever was going to live in the addition would be haunted, just because we'd messed with her."
14. "My mother used to say that she always saw a random little girl in the house."
15. "A few years later, my mom got pregnant, and my new sister looked a lot like that little girl."
16. "I've always felt a dark presence in my bedroom."
17. "When I looked away, I came FACE TO FACE with the long-haired figure, slouched on the edge of my bed, looking at me."
18. "When I looked toward the door, I felt like someone was there, watching me."
19. "Nobody believed her, until one day, when my uncle decided to see this ghost for himself."
20. "It was just the three of us, until I saw the reflection of a boy wearing old-fashioned clothes."
21. "Imagine her shock when I picked up the phone, miles away in another city, and told her, no, it wasn't me."
For more translated content and BuzzFeed International goodness, subscribe to Inter Webz: our new bi-weekly newsletter bringing you the best of the 'net from around the world.
Note: if you can’t see the signup box above, just go here to sign up.
This post was translated from Portuguese.