1. President Donald Trump is visiting his Florida estate, Mar-a-Lago, again this weekend.
2. He was calling Mar-a-Lago the Winter White House, but on Friday referred to it as the “Southern White House” because, well, he’s still gonna go down there when it gets warm.
3. On Saturday, the president visited Trump International Golf Club. The White House told pool reporter Ben Kamisar of The Hill that Trump would be “be having meetings and phone calls [at the club] before returning to Mar-a-Lago.”
(A member of the media travels with the president as part of the “press pool” to document his activities for the public record).
4. Trump was at the golf club for about three hours before he left, with officials still providing the pool reporter with “no further updates or readouts yet on the president’s time at Trump International Golf Club.”
8. It was only after the picture emerged that White House staff confirmed the president hadn’t just been having meetings at the club.
9. “Have been told that the president took meetings and phone calls at the club and may have stepped out to hit a few balls,” Kamisar, the pool reporter, wrote. “But was not given a confirmation as to whether he played any golf. “
11. When media reported last week that Trump had made his ninth golf course visit, White House officials angrily pushed back on the reports, saying the president had been meeting with senior staff at the club.
- Four people were killed in what officials are calling a terror attack after a car drove into pedestrians near Parliament in London. A suspect was also killed by police.