1. This is Lehu Zhang, a Chinese graphic designer who lives and works in San Francisco.
2. A few days ago, Zhang found himself with some spare time and quickly knocked together a poster to celebrate the Lunar New Year on Monday, when the zodiac calendar will herald the “Year of the Monkey.”
“My design style is fairly minimalist,” Zhang told BuzzFeed News. “I decided to just use some basic shapes to create a monkey face. That was my intention. I was playing around with shapes and this thing just came up.”
The poster took an hour to make, and Zhang casually uploaded it to WeChat to see what friends thought of it.
4. Now, it’s very possible you might look at this and just see a monkey. However, it’s also equally possible you’re looking at this and seeing, well, please don’t make me say it.
5. The poster found its way to Twitter where it soon went viral and was shared thousands of times by people with very dirty minds.
10. Zhang acknowledged that he can now see “some sexual things” in the work, but swears he didn’t intend that. “I’m not angry,” he told BuzzFeed News. “I’m just a little bit surprised, a little bit worried.”
11. Bless you, Lehu. You are too pure for this world.
- US Soccer suspended Hope Solo for 6 months after she called Sweden's team "cowards" during the Rio Olympics ❌⚽️
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 159 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.
- Donald Trump's campaign paid a Barnes & Noble $55,055 to buy more than 3,500 hardcover copies of his book.