1. Hoverboards were the hottest gift under the Christmas tree this year, and many people spent Friday learning how to use their new toys — with painful results.
2. It was, shall we say, a steep learning curve.
5. The hard surface of the street was maybe not the best place to give it a try.
7. While others who thought they were getting the hang of it quickly discovered they weren’t.
10. And knees were seriously, seriously grazed. (LOOK AWAY FROM THIS ONE IF THAT KIND OF STUFF GROSSES YOU OUT).
11. Mostly, though, people couldn’t seem to control the damn things.
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines, prompting praise from pro-Trump unions.
- Mark Zuckerberg denied rumors that he might run for president, telling BuzzFeed News, "I'm focused on building our community at Facebook."
- Press Secretary Sean Spicer at today's White House briefing defended Trump's claim that millions of people voted illegally—but he cited a debunked study.
- And the 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture are "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," "Hidden Figures," "Hacksaw Ridge," "Manchester by the Sea," "Lion," "Fences," and "Hell or High Water" 🎥 🎬