1. Hoverboards were the hottest gift under the Christmas tree this year, and many people spent Friday learning how to use their new toys — with painful results.
2. It was, shall we say, a steep learning curve.
5. The hard surface of the street was maybe not the best place to give it a try.
7. While others who thought they were getting the hang of it quickly discovered they weren’t.
10. And knees were seriously, seriously grazed. (LOOK AWAY FROM THIS ONE IF THAT KIND OF STUFF GROSSES YOU OUT).
11. Mostly, though, people couldn’t seem to control the damn things.
- Donald Trump says the shooting of NBA star Dwyane Wade's cousin is evidence of high crime rates he believes will boost his support among black people in November's election.
- Facebook shifts to algorithms to decide which stories to highlight in its trending news section after allegations of liberal bias at the company.
- Protesters climbed Berlin's Brandenburg Gate to protest against refugees. About 1.1 million asylum-seekers arrived in Germany last year.