1. ‘Tis the season for “War on Christmas” stories, and this year Starbucks is the first major group to offend due to its holiday-themed red cups.
3. “We have anchored the design with the classic Starbucks holiday red that is bright and exciting,” said Jeffrey Fields, Starbucks vice president of design and content. “The ombré creates a distinctive dimension, fluidity and weightedness.”
4. Sure, why not.
5. But the design looks slightly different than years past, which have featured snowflakes and other wintery icons. This absence of holiday symbols is, of course, making people FURIOUS.
7. “What is it about Christmas that Starbucks are afraid of celebrating?” the Christian Institute’s Simon Calvert told Breitbart.
8. “Haven’t they heard it’s the most wonderful time of the year, and the season of good will to ALL men? They should get involved and stop being scrooges.”
9. PEOPLE ARE MAD.
14. Others, well, not so much.
- South Korean lawmakers have voted to impeach President Park Geun-hye over a corruption scandal. She'll be suspended from office.
- Donald Trump will remain an executive producer on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" while he's president.
- John Glenn, a pioneering astronaut and the first American to orbit the Earth, has died at 95. Godspeed, Glenn 🚀🇺🇸
- Uber finally laid out hard rules for riders: No guns, sex, or barfing, please 🚗❌