3. Circus Space Ship from Hell
He hired legendary sci-fi artist Chris Foss for crazy stuff like this.
5. Pirate Ship Leaking Spice
Foss designed this one with asteroid camouflage.
6. Emperor’s Palace
Jodorowsky wanted the film to look like a psychedelic drug experience. He referred to it as a “messiah.”
8. Harkonnen Fortress
Jodorowsky hired H.R. Giger (who later created the alien in Alien) to design ONE OF THE PLANETS. Yep, just one of many.
12. Sand Worms
Giger doesn’t seem like the happiest dude ever.
Side note: for the Giger planet (Giedi Prime for Dune fans), Jodorowsky to exclusively use music from Magma, the best French psych freakout band ever. (Additional side note: Pink Floyd was going to play all the other music).
16. Emperor and Feyd Rautha
P.S. Mick Jagger agreed to play Feyd Rautha. Salvador Dali was going to play the Emperor.
17. Jodorowsky and Saurdaukar
Ultimately, not a single studio would pay for this movie. Hollywood wasn’t ready for the mad scientist behind Holy Mountain to put a crazy story like Dune on the big screen, but you can’t help but wonder what would have happened if they had been. If these images are any indicator, Jodorowsky’s Dune would have been weird as hell, and totally awesome.
- In case you missed it: Trump and Clinton roasted each other at a charity dinner and it was awkward AF 😬
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- At least 26 people have been treated by medics after a chemical incident at London City Airport.
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.