3. Circus Space Ship from Hell
He hired legendary sci-fi artist Chris Foss for crazy stuff like this.
5. Pirate Ship Leaking Spice
Foss designed this one with asteroid camouflage.
6. Emperor’s Palace
Jodorowsky wanted the film to look like a psychedelic drug experience. He referred to it as a “messiah.”
8. Harkonnen Fortress
Jodorowsky hired H.R. Giger (who later created the alien in Alien) to design ONE OF THE PLANETS. Yep, just one of many.
12. Sand Worms
Giger doesn’t seem like the happiest dude ever.
Side note: for the Giger planet (Giedi Prime for Dune fans), Jodorowsky to exclusively use music from Magma, the best French psych freakout band ever. (Additional side note: Pink Floyd was going to play all the other music).
16. Emperor and Feyd Rautha
P.S. Mick Jagger agreed to play Feyd Rautha. Salvador Dali was going to play the Emperor.
17. Jodorowsky and Saurdaukar
Ultimately, not a single studio would pay for this movie. Hollywood wasn’t ready for the mad scientist behind Holy Mountain to put a crazy story like Dune on the big screen, but you can’t help but wonder what would have happened if they had been. If these images are any indicator, Jodorowsky’s Dune would have been weird as hell, and totally awesome.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes.
- At a rally in NYC, trans New Yorkers asked for support from the broader LGBT community — something they haven't always gotten.
- Barack Obama took Malia to see a Broadway show and everyone is talking about how refreshed he's looking 😎