And your daily routine feels a lot like this:
2. When a customer asks to speak with your manager:
3. When a customer tells you, “This other place has that cheaper!”
4. Or when you meet new employees for the first time:
5. When you have to do the dreaded “clopen,” closing and opening the next morning:
6. When your day-to-day thoughts consist of this:
Well, either that, or this:
7. When you’re the only person working the cash register and the line is starting to get huge:
And then a customer spends five minutes digging around for change and just pays with a bill anyway:
8. When a customer tells you to get something from “the back”:
9. When a customer says, “Your job must be really easy!”
11. When something like THIS happens:
Which basically just means it’s time again:
12. When Christmas music makes you want to kill yourself:
And holiday shoppers start to look a lot like this to you:
And this becomes your new catchphrase:
Actually, the whole holiday season is basically like this:
13. When you realize that people like this definitely do not exist:
14. When you have to take inventory:
Or that this is a hilarious joke:
And all you want to do is say this:
16. When you have to grab something from an unreasonably high height:
18. When all your friends are excited about this weekend, and you realize you have to work Saturday and Sunday:
19. When the total is $20.22 and the customer hands you two $20 bills:
20. When a customer demonstrates his or her listening skills like this:
21. When your relationship with your manager is basically like this:
22. When you…wait, nevermind. Everything is the worst about retail. EVERYTHING.
- Let the Brexit countdown begin: Prime Minister Theresa May has invoked Article 50. Britain is set to leave the EU by 2019.
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information 💻
- Companies like Nestle, Ben & Jerry's, and General Mills say they'll keep fighting carbon pollution despite Trump's climate change executive order.
- Two UN investigators' bodies were found in a shallow grave after they went missing in the Democratic Republic of Congo.