6. This picture of a soldier and his boyfriend reunited:
16. This note from Nate’s dad:
I overheard your phone conversation with Mike last night about your plans to come out to me. The only thing I need you to plan is to bring home OJ and bread after class. We are out, like you now. I’ve known you were gay since you were six. I’ve loved you since you were born.
P.S. Your mom and I think you and Mike make a cute couple.”
23. The man who comforts the old dog that saved his life:
When John Unger had suicidal thoughts after a breakup, it was his dog Shoep who brought him back from the brink. This photograph shows Unger cradling his friend in lake Superior to soothe the dog’s arthritis.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control, dipping into Spanish.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall on Friday was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing Saturday that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan.