A little background from ABC News:
Shirley Schenk and her husband Tom, heard the bears crying through the night a couple of weeks ago outside their Ruidoso, N.M. home, and as soon as there was enough light they came to the rescue, armed with a ladder and a pickup truck.
They keep a ladder by the garage door for exactly this situation and have used it two other times.
And now the new/official “Nicest People Ever” rankings:
4. 1. Ghandi
5. 2. Mother Teresa
6. 3. These people that saved those baby bears trapped in a dumpster
- The enemy within: Civilians are caught in the crossfire as Iraqi troops move closer to Mosul and face fears of ISIS.
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Here's what European cities are offering to convince London's banks, companies, and entrepreneurs to move post-Brexit🍷🌞
- And Millie Bobby Brown — Eleven from "Stranger Things" — looks badass on her first magazine cover ✨