A little background from ABC News:
Shirley Schenk and her husband Tom, heard the bears crying through the night a couple of weeks ago outside their Ruidoso, N.M. home, and as soon as there was enough light they came to the rescue, armed with a ladder and a pickup truck.
They keep a ladder by the garage door for exactly this situation and have used it two other times.
And now the new/official “Nicest People Ever” rankings:
4. 1. Ghandi
5. 2. Mother Teresa
6. 3. These people that saved those baby bears trapped in a dumpster
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.