A little background from ABC News:
Shirley Schenk and her husband Tom, heard the bears crying through the night a couple of weeks ago outside their Ruidoso, N.M. home, and as soon as there was enough light they came to the rescue, armed with a ladder and a pickup truck.
They keep a ladder by the garage door for exactly this situation and have used it two other times.
And now the new/official “Nicest People Ever” rankings:
4. 1. Ghandi
5. 2. Mother Teresa
6. 3. These people that saved those baby bears trapped in a dumpster
- Rick Perry, who famously wanted to abolish the Energy Department, said at his confirmation hearing to lead the Energy Department he now rejects "recommending its elimination."
- Vladimir Putin has used KGB tactics to seize on a rift between the US and Turkey, an effort to expand Russia's influence and divide NATO.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, defended at his confirmation hearing using offshore tax shelters, saying it was an inevitable result of current tax codes.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸