18 Pictures That Show Just How Chaotic The Gas Shortage In The United States Has Been
Reminds me of the good old days of toilet paper hoarding.
So, if you haven't been keeping up on the latest gasoline news, here's the scoop: a cyberattack on the Colonial Pipeline, a major fuel source that supplies half the gas and diesel for the eastern United States, temporarily shut down the pipeline and resulted in a dip in gasoline supply in the affected areas.
1. Well, they hoard gas:
2. Put it in like seven barrels:
3. They put it in big metal barrels in the back of a pick-up truck:
4. Fill up garbage cans full of it:
5. They fill up jacuzzi-sized containers with gas:
6. Big plastic bins:
7. Or towing giant barrels of gas behind their truck:
8. People are hoarding so much gas they can't fit it in their tiny car:
9. Methodically make the shortage even shorter:
10. Filling up every gas canister they have in their garage:
11. Like every single canister:
12. There have been lines at one in the morning:
13. Pumps have been closed:
14. People are drilling holes in U-Hauls!!!!!!
15. And demand has caused prices to skyrocket:
16. I can't really figure out why:
17. Can't be because people are filling big giant tubs full of gas, can it?
18. It's been truly chaotic:
A few images were removed from this post because they weren't from the current gas shortage. That being said, it's still a really bad idea to put gas in plastic bags.