1. Finding Nemo
A man and his wife are admiring their home, when a murderer attacks them and brutally kills the wife and all of their children except one. Great premise for a fun movie.
2. Fox And The Hound
This movie was essentially about how if you are different from someone else, the existential void between you both will inevitably grow so large that your friendship will die. Nice, healthy message.
3. An American Tail
Another classic topic for a kids’ movie: The misery of Russian Jews forced to flee persecution, abuse, and other inhuman horrors in their native land. These ones are mice!
4. Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
Remember that story about the self-destructive, alcoholic detective who investigates a series of horrific murders by a sadistic maniac? Yeah, that was a great kids’ movie.
“Remember me, Eddie? When I killed your brother, I talked… just… like… THIS!”
And if that doesn’t do it for you, here’s one word that will forever haunt your dreams: “Dip.”
5. The Secret of NIMH
A bleak meditation on the horrors of torture, animal experimentation, political intrigue and murder. Bring the little ones!
6. The Land Before Time
RIP LITTLEFOOT’S MOM. I AM STILL CRYING.
10. The Iron Giant
Sample quote from this kids’ story about a war that almost destroyed the entire planet and which is narrowly averted by the martyrdom of the tale’s hero: “When the missile comes down, everybody dies.”
11. The Brave Little Toaster
This one’s a light little tale about growing up and eventually becoming expendable and being replaced.
13. All Dogs Go To Heaven
This scene is still horrifying.
14. Lilo And Stitch
The movie is about a lonely girl who no one likes because she’s weird. When she finally gets a single friend, aliens try to steal him from her. Fun!
An old man with nothing left to live for deserts the society that has lost all meaning for him and seeks out a place that reminds him of his dead wife so that he can join her.
16. The Hunchback Of Notre Dame
Uhh…. this song is a little “Rapey.”
17. The Last Unicorn
“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” This is a film about melancholy, madness, and unrequited love.
It’s about a child. A DEAD CHILD.
- Republicans are working overnight trying to finalize a deal that'd allow their Obamacare replacement plan to pass in the House.
- Rep. Adam Schiff said there's "more than circumstantial evidence" that Trump's campaign colluded with Russia during the election.
- Four people died in what officials are calling a terror attack after a car drove into pedestrians near Parliament in London. A suspect was also killed by police.
- A 4-month-old golden retriever named after Joe Biden got to meet and even lick the former vice president at the Capitol today 🐶❤️