1. Lindsay Lohan’s original role was Regina, but was switched to Cady so moviegoers wouldn’t associate Regina’s negative attitude with Lohan’s.
She was also the voice of Meg on “Family Guy” before Mila Kunis took over.
4. In an alternate universe, Ashley Tisdale plays Karen Smith.
She auditioned for the role.
6. At the time of filming, Rachel McAdams was eight years older than Lindsay Lohan, her classmate, and seven years younger than Amy Poehler, her mother.
7. Tim Meadows’ character’s carpel tunnel was added to the film because Meadows broke his hand before shooting.
9. Rachel McAdams’ hair was a wig.
11. This is what the business card that Kevin G. gives Cady actually says:
And yes, 847 is the real area code of the North Shore.
13. The song Cady “actually recognizes” at the school dance is called “Built This Way” by Samantha Ronson. Lindsay Lohan would go on to date Ronson a few years after the movie’s release.
And he’s on Twitter:
Also, not too long ago, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Kevin G. got together to reenact his infamous rap.
This post has been updated to meet our attribution standards.
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- A jury failed to reach a verdict Friday in the case of Michael Slager, a former South Carolina officer charged in the fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The CEO of Zenefits plans to step down after 10 months on the job. A legal mess nearly sank the company this year.
- A UFC fighter is asking people to crush apples with their bare hands 🍎💪