3. But then Henry Josey, you came back into our lives. If all you’d done was come back for that one TD against Murray State, that would’ve been enough.
4. Of course, there was more. There was a defensive line that couldn’t be stopped.
5. A quarterback in James Franklin — tested and questioned in 2012 — who started out the year with 15 TDs in 5 games, and proved every critic wrong.
6. And a coach in Gary Pinkel who quietly led the Tigers back into the rankings by mid-October, just doing what he always does.
7. When things went wrong, you pressed on. When Franklin went down, up stepped Maty Mauk and Bud Sasser and L’Damian Washington.
8. When E.J. Gaines went down, up stepped a young secondary.
11. But here we are. And we’re here because of a relentless group of linebackers.
12. We’re here because of Michael Sam, and a motor that just won’t quit.
13. We’re here because of Dorial Green-Beckham, becoming a star right before our eyes.
14. And perhaps most of all, we’re here because of these gentlemen, who’ve quietly dominated every game.
You’ve been an unstoppable force. Also unstoppable: All of that hair.
16. That touchdown run to take the lead?
17. That play-action pass — a play call that took serious chutzpah, btw — to seal the victory?
18. Rushing the field and hearing “Georgia” blasting through a cold Missouri night?
19. For all of that: thank you.
20. Thank you for making us believe. Thank you for making this season one we’ll never forget.
22. We want you to know how thrilled we are. You’ve made us proud to be Missouri Tigers.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.