2. What makes Thile such a genius? The fact that he can make ANYTHING sound amazing on mandolin.
3. He started out in a little band called Nickel Creek.
4. They released their first album when Chris was 12. They were Grammy nominated by the time he hit 20, and Grammy winners when he turned 22.
5. Then Chris grew up. Got a little older.
8. And he kept making awesome music. The fact is, he makes everything sound good on mandolin. For starters, here’s a bluegrass classic.
Awesome. Predictably awesome.
9. But Thile’s not just a bluegrass guy. You want him to do something bigger? Oh, how about… The Strokes? Yeah, he’s got that.
10. Radiohead? Hell yes.
13. How about some Bach? Yes, yes he can.
15. A jazz collaboration with fellow Genius Grant winner Edgar Meyer? ALL KINDS OF YES.
16. A Bulgarian folk tune played in a super obscure timing structure? Sure, why not?
17. An 18th century Scottish lyrical poem? Against all odds, he’ll crush that, too.
18. Something more modern? Maybe some Britney Spears? Give it to us, Chris.
19. A Josh Ritter cover? With an insane solo? Absolutely.
20. The Cars? Yup, he’s even got that, too.
- Thousands have made it to the Women's March on Washington to stand up for women's rights and protest Donald Trump.
- Crowds for the Women's March in Washington, DC, are turning out to be much larger than for the inauguration so far.
- People are participating in the Women's March today all the way in Antarctica, surrounded by penguins ❄️
- "We shall overcomb." People across America are getting creative and making some pretty epic signs for the Women's March.