1. This is Pete Frates, the former Boston College baseball player who was diagnosed with ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease) in March 2012. He’s the inspiration for the Ice Bucket Challenge.
2. But it wasn’t until last week that he actually took the challenge himself — at Fenway Park, surrounded by family and friends.
This post mistakenly referred to the Boston Red Sox’s home stadium as Fenway Field, even though it is Fenway Park (and anyone who’s ever watched a baseball game would know that). Our apologies.
- Former prime minister Tony Blair says there are elements of the Brexit debate "happening the world over."
- Uber documents provided to BuzzFeed News suggest that price cuts don't always raise driver wages 🚗💸
- U.S Department of Defense is expected to end its ban on transgender military service in July.