1. This is Pete Frates, the former Boston College baseball player who was diagnosed with ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease) in March 2012. He’s the inspiration for the Ice Bucket Challenge.
2. But it wasn’t until last week that he actually took the challenge himself — at Fenway Park, surrounded by family and friends.
This post mistakenly referred to the Boston Red Sox’s home stadium as Fenway Field, even though it is Fenway Park (and anyone who’s ever watched a baseball game would know that). Our apologies.
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A group of UK Uber drivers have won the right to minimum wage in a case that could have huge implications for the "gig economy" 🚘
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀