1. This is Pete Frates, the former Boston College baseball player who was diagnosed with ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease) in March 2012. He’s the inspiration for the Ice Bucket Challenge.
2. But it wasn’t until last week that he actually took the challenge himself — at Fenway Park, surrounded by family and friends.
This post mistakenly referred to the Boston Red Sox’s home stadium as Fenway Field, even though it is Fenway Park (and anyone who’s ever watched a baseball game would know that). Our apologies.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.